Once again I find myself sitting in the one class I was excited for in the months before walking into room 4073 Science. Only now I dread the thought of moving from the couch to arrive here every Tuesday and Thursday.
Picture this, I have signed up for a class in terrorism and society. Out of all the classes I choose for this semester this seems like the easy and entertain course. I mean, theory, research, this seems to be an awesome choice.
I walk into class, and take my seat, and wait...
In walks the prof, 5'6 to 5'8 with a really bad fashion sense. I mean bad. I've only seen him wear two different outfits. One consisting of to tight, to high white kakis paired with an off white button up shirt, made with some sort of natural looking fibers. The only "punch of color," (if you can stretch that phase far enough) is a cheap synthetic brown leather belt, and equally brown and blah closed back, closed front sandals (and socks, white again.) The other outfit he favors consists of a darker not so tight kaki pants, I'm not sure if they are too high because of the to big navy blue suit jacket he pairs with it.
Then he opens his mouth, and begins to talk. When the words start to flow it's hard to ignore the thick heave accent that rolls out as well, never mind the consent separated with the filler "ummmm..." The topic changes, but his tone of his voice never changes. On and on, and not a change, no higher, no lower, always the same. Further more, f he asks for you to answer a question he has a bad habit of butting in, and shooting down your every thought. On of those straight from the book, if it's not in print, it's not right. Variations or simply your opinions are not right.
As for bad habits can we as “ummm...” and stutter every 3 words? To top that of, every time he stutters, or “ummmmm…’s” he grasps the air, as to grab the words. Personally I doubt that it works. When he’s not grasping for the words his hands are more animated then his voice is, consist motion, usually not making any since, just moving. Now for the kicker, the most annoying bad habit, he’s a slide flicker. You know those profs who LOVE their power point, love it so much they can stay on the same slide for any longer the 60 seconds? Yeah, he’s one of them. This makes taking notes extremely hard, and as a pupil in his course I know I need those notes because to just listen is not possible.
This prof is the exact recipe for zoning out, and struggling to fill the hour fifteen minute class with scrabulous and bejeweled. A perfect nap time, that’s if we could hide behind a text book, which the class doesn’t have. Twiddling thumbs, and yawns, this class is out of the running for being a recommended course, and it’s not because of the material. Maybe it’s the Russian accent, but not likely, and even if he dressed better, it wouldn’t mater, when it all comes down to it the prof makes or kills the course, and this one kills
No comments:
Post a Comment