Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Not what i expected.

I started taking sociology so that i could better understand what makes the world tick.
With understanding comes compassion, with compassion comes patience. All in hopes of just understanding. But "no" they said. They told me i was wrong.
Instead what I see is a world of fools, where the blind are the smartest, and those who know little at all should be our best friends. I took with intentions of knowing, so that tolerance will soon follow. Instead it was found that this is a world built on ignorance, intolerance, and general stupidity.
We live in a society that's main characteristic is self destruction. We live in a world where "war is the answer." We ask no question for the fear of sounding stupid, stupid in neglecting to ask.
They spin their stories, They lie to your face, They expect you to take it for granted.
You take it for granted, you believe and hang on their every world. You grasp for help, but they kick you down.
I wish there was a pretty way to say this all. A way to twist and sugar coat the words that hurt, but I instead rub the salt in. This is the world we live in, this is the era that is. And I'm sorry for that.

No comments: