Monday, January 18, 2010

That Night, Chapter One

Chapter 1
"He's kind of like the Bob Dylan of pot"

It all started with a quote from a television show,
"and where's the device that controls the speed and passage of time?"
Of course this sparked my ultimate desire to really be living in the 1970's. Why you ask, and I will let you jump to your own conclusions on that. Point of the matter is this lead me to the urge to find out when I would ideally like to be born. This process was long and tedious, as I had to extensively consider what aspects of what decades I would like to experience at what stage in my life. After much debate and a few calculations. I pondered some more, and I eventually came to this conclusion.

  • Born in 1942/3,
  • this allows me to experience the 1960's and into mid 70's during the prime young adults years of 19-24 ,
  • Spending 25-29 in the latter 70's and early 80's
Out of further curiosity broke down the following :


So looking at this and thinking about it I came to the realization that WWII was just ending at my ideal birth year, that when i as 19-24 I would be fighting the war against the Vietnam war. When i was in my mid 20's I would question who was going to blow who up first in the Cold War. While raising my chlidren we'd be hearing the news coverage of the Gulf War. And now my children and Grand-children are living through the current mass of wars including the war on terror, War in Iraq, and The war in Afghanistan. For those of you who didn't catch my point, thats a major war in almost every decade I would of lived.

From there I wanted to see if there was even any worth to justify these wars, In chronlogical order from earliest to most recent here are their causes/reasons:

1. Racism and political power
2. No one quites knows, so it's probably political
3. the threat of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
4. Oil
5. Again, not completely sure, revenge, politics, oil, WMD?

It all just got me to thinking, are we really that much better then the ancient romans? At least they were honest with their intentions, we hide and we lie. Governments keep information from average citizens, and we let them because we know we don't want to know whats really going on.

(Stayed tuned for Chapter 2)

1 comment:

Megan Williams said...

this is really interesting.

i'm ready to read the next one. :)